Laravel is a prominent member of a new generation of web frameworks. It is a free, open-source PHP web framework, created by Taylor Otwell back in 2011 and intended for the development of web applications following the MVC model.
Some of the features of Laravel are:
- modular packaging system with a dedicated dependency manager
- different ways of accessing relational databases through Routing
- utilities that aid in application deployment and maintenance
- orientation toward syntactic sugar
- easy authentication by providing a simple & easy to use interface and much more.